Muzack

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where is my future going?


I've been trying to figure what i'm going to do with this anthropology degree and I think i've finally got it. Getting my masters in international development sounds like the most appealing option so far. I was already toying with this possibility when I was introduced to the book "Getting Stoned with Savages" by J. Maarten Troost. He basically examines his decision to leave corporate America for Fiji (and elsewhere) and describes his journey with his wife who works in... international development! His account did not necessarily glamorize their life in third world circumstances, but boy did it sound appealing to me. Now, I haven't actually been anywhere like this before, but i'm more than ready to get my feet wet. Does studying abroad for my masters sound like a good start?

No comments: